What is a cookie and what is it for?
A “Cookie” is a small file that is stored on the user’s computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device with information about navigation. The set of «cookies» of all our users helps us to improve the quality of our website, allowing us to control which pages are useful, which are not and which are susceptible to improvement. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the navigation and usability of our website. In no case could cookies damage your computer. On the contrary, the fact that they are active helps us to identify and resolve errors.
What types of cookies do we use?
According to the entity that manages it:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to your computer from our own computers or domains and from which we provide the service you request.
- : These are those that are sent to your computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by another collaborating entity. As for example, those used by social networks, or by external content such as Google Maps.
According to the period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so none is recorded on your computer’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web. In the long run, this allows us to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use..
- Persistent cookies: they are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them every time you make a new visit. A permanent website has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. We generally use these cookies to facilitate purchase and registration services.
According to its purpose:
- Technical cookies: hey are those necessary for navigation and the proper functioning of our website. They allow, for example, to control traffic and data communication, access parts of restricted access, carry out the process of buying an order, use security elements, store content to be able to broadcast videos or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow you to access the service with predefined characteristics based on a series of criteria, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where it is accessed. to service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the statistical measurement and analysis of the use that users make of the services provided. For this, your browsing on our website is analyzed in order to improve the offer of products and services that we offer.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that could be included on our website.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation. Thanks to them, we can know your internet browsing habits and show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
Below we describe the cookies used:
- Session cookies: These are cookies generated by the website and are necessary for the proper functioning of the pages and their applications. As session cookies, these are deleted once the browser is closed
- Web analytics cookies: Our website uses Google Analytics cookies to collect data on visits, pages visited or other information for statistical purposes. It also uses Google Adwords cookies to collect data on the visits received by this advertising source. In no case, personal information is collected.
- Cookies of external content modules: Modules embedded through an iFrame whose content is served by third parties. This is the case of the location map of Google Maps
¿How can you configure or disable your cookies?
At Vilocean we never store the personal data of our users, except as described above, unless you want to register, voluntarily in order to receive information about promotions and content of interest to you. By browsing and continuing on our website you indicate that you are consenting to the use of the aforementioned cookies, and under the conditions contained in this Cookies Policy.